The 14th annual National NRM Chairs Forum will be held at the Novotel Coffs Harbour Pacific Bay Resort in NSW (Cnr Pacific Hwy and Bay Drive, Coffs Harbour NSW) and will follow the National NRM Knowledge Conference that will be held at the same venue from 6 to 8 June 2016.
The theme for the 2016 Forum is The National Landcare Programme – beyond 2018
Our aims for this Forum are:
- Chairs are to feel welcomed and valued, with the opportunity to make new connections and engage in productive discussions with a good promise of continuing later.
- To begin the conversation about the National Landcare Conference beyond 2018
- To receive progress reports on national projects.
- To establish the budget and direction for the 2016/17 NRM Regions Australia work plan – this will be set in the context of strategic challenges and opportunities for regional NRM in Australia.
- To identify issues for bringing to the attention of Ministers.
Program: The Forum program is being developed and will be available from mid April 2016 – but some important events:
- Forum Welcome Reception: will be held at Charlie’s Decks at the Novotel Coffs Harbour Pacific Bay Resort from 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm on Wednesday 8 June 2016.
- Forum Dinner: TBA, this will be held on the evening of Thursday 9 June 2016
Accommodation: We recommend staying at the Novotel Pacific Bay Resort. Accommodation can booked through East Coast Conferences (they are helping with organising the National NRM Knowledge Conference that will be held at the same location from Monday 6 June to Wednesday 8 June 2016). They can be contacted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone on 02 6650 9800
Airport transfers: Chairs are asked to make their own way from the airport to Novotel Coffs Harbour Pacific Bay Resort . But we have arranged for a coach to depart from Novotel Coffs Harbour Pacific Bay at 1.15 pm on Friday 10 June. If your flight is earlier than say 3.00 pm we can try to arrange shared taxis – please let Danny know (contact details below)
NRM Regions Australia Executive Officer: Danny O’Neill phone 0419 387 161 (please call Danny if you have any queries regarding arrangements)