In 2002, the former NRM Ministerial Council initiated an annual Forums of regional NRM organisation Chairs. Forums provide an opportunity for Chairs to build networks, share information and receive briefings on strategic direction for NRM policies and programs. Since 2010, NRM Regions Australia has taken responsibility for convening these Forums in partnership with the host State/Territory regional NRM organisations.
Following each Forum, NRM Regions Australia produces a report on matters discussed and the priorities established by the Forum for NRM Regions Australia for the proceeding year.
- 2018 Forum, Darwin NT: Report pending
- 2017 Forum, Melbourne Victoria: 15th NRM Regional Bodies Chairs Forum June 2017 Final Report
- 2016 Forum, Coffs Harbour, NSW: 14th NRM Regional Bodies Chairs Forum June 2016 Final Report
- 2015 Forum, Brisbane, Queensland: 13th NRM Regional Bodies Chairs Forum Report March 2015 final
- 2014 Forum, Launceston, Tasmania:12th NRM Regional Bodies Chairs Forum Report March 2014